It’s not just plastic, metal, and glass: did you know that “reduce, reuse, and recycle” applies to fat too?
For many of us, fat is something we’re usually trying to shed in our efforts to sculpt a body that looks and feels the way we want it to. But for the medical community, fat is anything but a waste – it represents a wealth of possibilities that can benefit our health and wellbeing when applied appropriately.
This holds especially true for those of us who are keen on a breast augmentation, but also want the most natural-looking results possible.
We’ve created a customizable breast enlargement procedure that offers exactly that: a hybrid fat-implant approach known as MotivaHybrid®.
MotivaHybrid® is a holistic take on breast aesthetics and body sculpting, as the procedure involves pairing smaller Motiva Implants® with your own purified fat that is harvested from areas that you wish to slim, such as the abdomen or thighs.
Smaller implants are associated with fewer risks and less strain on breast tissue than larger ones; and the use of fat grafts allow for more customization or precise corrections, such as balancing asymmetrical breasts or providing more tissue coverage over an implant in certain areas.
Since MotivaHybrid® lets you transfer extra fat from your love handles, thighs, abdomen, or other areas (i.e. “donor” sites) to your breasts (i.e. “recipient” sites), your surgeon can produce a more natural look and feel with smaller implants, adding fat in key areas as needed.
Benefits of MotivaHybrid® over a traditional breast augmentation include:
- Breast enhancement with a more natural look and feel
- Full-body sculpting (slim some body parts while augmenting others)
- Smaller implants requiring a smaller incision (and thus, a smaller scar)
- Greater customization of minute details and finishing touches, such as a cleavage boost or asymmetry correction
MotivaHybrid® involves a series of simple steps that surgeons customize on a case-by-case basis.
- The patient and surgeon collaborate to visualize a procedural plan using a proprietary 3D module
- During the procedure, fat is harvested from the selected donor sites
- While the harvested fat is purified and made ready for grafting, the surgeon places the implant(s)
- After the implant(s) have been placed, the fat grafts are injected into the selected recipient sites